Thursday, September 20, 2018

Fuck Cancer

I sent him this:
I'm so sorry to hear about the CT and MRI scans but really glad they found it early and hope they get you in for surgery immediately if it is malignant and that your outcome and long term prognosis is as good as my dad's.

I'm not ready to lose you yet and I know that your family and plenty of other people feel the same way.

You are a living memory in my brain. I think about you all the time. Every day. You never fade in to the background. The love we shared was the greatest love of my life.

Don't say anything. I know how committed you are to your family, but after what I went through and knowing what you are facing now I don't want another day to pass without telling you how much I love you and always have. I don't want to wake up one day and think, I should have told him while I had the chance so I'm telling you now.

As much distance and through the heartache no one has ever touched my heart the way you have.

I love you. Be strong. And keep me posted.

Love,

e

Elyssa D. Durant
Research & Policy Analyst
Columbia University, New York

No comments:

Post a Comment