Friday, November 2, 2018

DailyDDoSe Health Update November 2, 2018

DailyDDoSe November 2. 2018

We did an evaluation today in preparation for my Neurosurgery appointment today and I was able to walk 1,385 feet in six minutes with a  gait velocity 9 seconds. No walker. 

Last time I did 900 feet with a gait velocity of 11. Normal gait velocity is 7. So I’m in the 15-20% range now. Huge improvement. 

We are doing the Berg Balance Test again on Monday and then she will fax the results to Miami which they requested so everything is falling into place. 

Now we are working on my arms which are still quite weak and upper body strength and core since my legs are doing extremely well. 

My physical therapist told me to take it easy this weekend cause my legs were shaking when I was doing my exercises but I pushed myself really hard this week. Also had considerable pain yesterday and several myoclonic seizures and she did some trigger point therapy and identified quite a few spots that were pretty severely knotted up. 

I get that from emotional exhaustion as well so I attribute that to the earring episode yesterday where grandma auntie and I spent 45 minutes trying to get a pair of earrings in my ears. 

I bet my healthcare aide will be able to do it. She’ll be coming today at 12 so we’ll see if she has better luck. 

I set a personal goal for November and although I didn’t meet that goal (to walk to Mar-a-Lago for protests) I am very pleased with the progress I’ve made.

I am having a birthday lunch tomorrow with a friend and we are going to a Jimmy Buffet Benefit concert at the Amphitheater for Andrew Gillum for Governor and Bill Nelson for Senate since Florida is a key swing state. 

So that’s the DailyDDoSe for November 2, 2018. 

image1.png


image2.jpeg

Video attachment below!! 

I love you all, 

Liz
Video.MOV



Elyssa D. Durant 
Research & Policy Analyst
Columbia University, New York

No comments:

Post a Comment